16 Jul 2016

Restore a SQL Server database with Restart Clause




Today, I was Restoring a database and restore operation halt in the middle of process.  When I check the database I was doing restore, it went into restoring state. 



I tried to bring the database online using below command but it didn’t work out.



Finally, I used WITH RESTART clause to restore the database and it restore the database successfully. This Process can be used for the large size databases. If the restore operation interrupt in middle for big size databases we can restart the entire operation from the point where it left off, instead of restarting the entire restore process of the database

Conclusion: Using Restart clause we can save lot of time if restore operation interrupt while restoring large size databases.


banner
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: